Sometimes people really stress about what to wear to their photo session. There are a few important details that need not be overlooked and we will get to those in a minute. For the record, though, we haven’t seen anyone get it all wrong yet. So don’t worry! Planning your family’s outfits should be fun and exciting!
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Simple, neutral, classic colors and styles.
- Patterns, if any, should be small and subtle.
- Coordinating or matching outfits. Try laying out everyone’s outfits on the bed and see if they look good together.
- Try not to choose anything trendy that will date your photograph.
- Avoid distractions. Jewelry and accessories should be minimal.
With all of this said, this is your family portrait, and it should reflect what is important to your family. If you want to go crazy, go crazy!
Many of our clients have done fabulous jobs coordinating their family photo wear. Here are few…
These outfits look like they were made to go together! The colors match perfectly! This family did an excellent job coordinating!
Almost every child has something denim and a white top. That’s why this was the perfect outfit for these cousins. They successfully coordinated their outfits without ever actually seeing them together until photo session day!
These boys went the matching route with their khaki shorts and brown plaid button ups, but they each wore them their own way. Coordinating is important, but it is also important to be comfortable and to be yourself.